Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm still here...

I promise. Sorry folks for being gone for sooooo long! December was a crazy month for me and the start of January has been nuts too. I'm at Disney right now! I'm sitting on my bed at Chatham writing to you. I figured I'd skip to the part of checking in and go back to waiting later.

I packed up and left Chicago on Thursday January 13th. I had planned to stay in Atlanta on Thursday night with my cousin but for those of you who don't know Atlanta got beat to hell by a winter snowstorm. Stephen Colbert called it the "Storm of Northern Aggression." Basically the roads were completely impassible. So I drove Thursday night to Nashville. Nashville was way different than I was picturing. I'm sure there are nice parts but it won't be on the top of my list for vacations anytime soon. Thursday I drove all the way to Orlando. For those of you who don't know Nashville to Orlando is far. Friday night I stayed in Orlando then Saturday I went down to the Ft. Lauderdale area to spend a few days hanging with friends. We had an awesome time. Saturday night my core group of friends (minus Hilary) got together in Boca at Irishmen. It was so much fun. I had forgotten how awesome it is to have friends that good around. We know all the dirt and where all the figurative bodies are buried. So we laughed and drank and just enjoyed being together again.

Saturday Night Heather, Danielle, and myself met Hilary at LuLu's Bait Shack in Ft. Lauderdale. I LOVE LuLu's. It's in Beach Place right on the ocean and has amazing Cajun food. I always make a stop there when in FL. Not only do they have great views and food they also have amazing drinks.








Here is Danielle and Heather with one of those amazing drinks! Yes you get to keep the fun glass!










Like I said LuLu's is right on the beach and since it's January it was a bit cold. When the waitress brought us a candle heather actually tried to warm her hands on it. This is a recreation.















The 4 Ladies!










Sunday Heather, Danielle, and I met up in Downtown Delray (my favorite town in FL) and enjoyed a art festival. Danielle and I enjoyed it was more than Heather. I had this amazing traditional German thing. It's like a dough wrapped around a stone cylinder that is put into an oven and cooked, The outside if crispy with a small layer of soft dough on the inside. After it is cooked it is given a butter glaze and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. It was amazing!

Monday was a relaxing day. I hung out with Danielle and Heather. Monday night I helped Hilary prepare for a meeting with a client. It was actually kind of fun.

Tuesday was a bigger day. I was out of Hilary's place where I was staying by 12. I went up to Delray Beach to have lunch at my favorite pizza place in FL. Pizza Rustica! It is so amazing. I had my very favorite Greco Romana.

After lunch I met up with Anthony. He kindly let me leave my stuff with him while I went to see Les Miserables. After I dropped my stuff off we went for a walk on the beach. We used to do this all the time so it was awesome to do it again. We saw an amazing sunset start while we were out.

Once our walk was through I got ready quick and met Hilary for Les Miserables. I had originally been going alone but her new friend convinced her that they should go. That made it super fun for me! I was glad to have them both with me. Overall the performance was great. The new stage is incredible and completely different. Personally I'd like to see a blending of the 2. The simplicity of the original set made for a more powerful story. On the other hand there were some epic moments that this new stage just made even cooler. The person playing Jean Valjean overacted the first Act but got into the groove in the second. I would totally recommend the show to someone else. Right after the performance I hopped into my car, picked up my stuff, and drove 3 hours to Orlando. This meant I was in my room for 3 hours before getting up and out the door for check in. Next post will be all about the check in process.

No comments:

Post a Comment